Once upon a time there was a recovering chunky-butt named Kirsten who decided she wanted to work in a gym-o-awesomeness and surround herself with healthy, fit-minded peeps. As part of her indoctrination into the land of IFAST-dom, she was awarded an assessment that verified her strengths and weaknesses as a dormant athlete. She quickly proved herself to have the dexterity of a Weeble-Wobble. They sent their noble and optimistic warrior, Sir Jae, to feverishly train Kirsten in the art of Anti-Humpty-Dump-tery. This is her story…
The last couple of weeks, my life has been consumed by the joyless task of moving. And just in case you were wondering, I’ve selflessly done the hands-on research to verify that the only thing worse than moving yourself, is moving yourself in the middle of July only to have the new home decide that air-conditioning is optional. Holy mother of all things covered in layers of sweat. Thank goodness gracious that the grandmothers are still in the old house so my offspring has a cool refuge for sleeping. Unfortunately, living out of bags and boxes is not a conducive lifestyle for making healthy food and fitness choices. I’m not emotionally eating, which is nifty. I am, however, not being proactive enough to surround myself with goal-centric options. I’m uber-excited about hitting the grocery this weekend and stocking my fridge and pantry with earth-produced healthiness. Here’s hoping your weekend brings you everything you’re shopping for!
Living happily ever after,
LAST POST’S GOALS:
- I totally suck at letting family get-togethers justify crappy food choices. I’m attending a funeral this weekend. I will not give away my power in making good choices. May the dearly departed and my fork rest in peace. GRADE: B
- I’m meeting with my doc’s nutritionist next Tuesday. I will log food with accuracy to ensure I maximize the appointment. GRADE: A
THIS WEEK’S GOALS:
- Get Old House on the market and organize a kitchen in New House so I can feel empowered to control my cooking/dining environment.
- Track. Track. Track. Share food log with Jae.
- Moving sucks.
- My back and hip pain re-emerged this past weekend when moving. I set up an ART appointment with Bill, he did his people-travel-from-all-over-the-world-to-see-me-cuz-I-rock thang, and voila – I’m back to zigging instead of zagging. Heckayeah! Having Bill’s savant-ish talents and blessings so easily accessible at IFAST is an amazing resource. My down time was minimal and I’m back to rockin’ my program. ((Cue confetti))
Kirsten’s Corner is a weekly blog post written by Kirsten Shaw to document her health-fit journey. It is intended to offer humor and inspiration and should not be misconstrued as medical advice or the opinions of IFAST.
Join the conversation