As trainers and coaches, we love to get caught up in the X’s and O’s of training.
What exercise is best?
What set-rep scheme should I be using?
But at the end of the day, arguably the most important aspect of coaching is forging strong relationships and bonds with your clients, athletes, and patients.
In this episode, Bill and I take a dive into the client rapport, including:
- The 3 steps Bill uses to develop rapport in this first visit.
- What he does when he’s dealing with a chronic pain patient, or someone who really has their guard up.
- The importance of finding their key areas of interest outside of the gym.
- How I show investment in a client or athlete before they ever walk into the gym.
- Why it can be tough to build rapport early-on with elite or professional athletes.
And much, much more!
The info we discuss in this show can be taken and applied to virtually any industry or field, so I sincerely hope you like it.
All the best,