- Your foot mechanics are like fingerprints. Your foot mechanics are unique to you. (Stacoff 2007)
- No matter what type of running shoes your wear, your foot mechanics will not change. (Stacoff 2007, Dicharry 2009)
- Footwear tends to alter the firing pattern (sequence) of muscle activity in your legs and posture from the ground up into your body. (Nigg 1987, Ogon 2001)
- Fatigue alters the firing pattern of the muscles in your legs as you train. Running injuries like knee pain, patellofemoral pain, IT band syndrome, and tibial stress syndrome or shin splints are linked to abnormal firing patterns of the muscles in the legs. (Barnes 2008, Arrol 1997, Hurley 1997, Kannus 1992)
- After 200 miles on your running shoes, your body will modify your running pattern to adapt to the wear pattern of your shoes. (Kong 2009)
Are you not sure which
shoes are best
for your Indy Mini-Marathon prep?
IFAST Physical Therapy can help get you in the best shoe for your needs.
Do you need
a stability running shoe,
a motion control running shoe,
or a cushion running shoe?
Just schedule a Free Consultation with IFAST Physical Therapy
and bring your marathon training shoes with you.
We’ll show you how your shoes impact the way that your whole body moves and help you select the best shoes for you.
We suggest you bring several different pairs of shoes if you can (you can always take them back to the running shoe store for a refund) so we can pick the ideal shoe for you.