Here are some convenient, quick, and easy meal ideas. These are especially great for your brown bag lunches!
- Roll up black beans, salsa, and mozzarella cheese in a whole wheat tortilla
- Grilled chicken breast strips, fresh veggies and spicy mustard wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla
- Baked potato topped with chili beans
- Toss cooked whole wheat pasta with chopped vegetables and light Italian dressing
- Mini pizzas – use whole wheat English muffins or pita bread, top with tomato sauce, and low fat toppings
- Pair a low calorie frozen meal with a tossed salad & fresh fruit
- Spinach salad with diced chicken, strawberries, and light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Here are 3 healthy, low fat (and low calorie!) snack ideas. Great for kids too!
- Rabbit bag: fill snack-size Ziploc plastic bags with raw vegetables or fruit. Use a citrus fruit, such as orange wedges, to help keep apple slices from turning brown.
- Light Microwave Popcorn: sprinkle with ½ c grated parmesan cheese, 2 tsp Cajun seasoning, OR 2 tsp powdered ranch salad dressing mix to add flavor without the fat
- Smoothie: Make your own with skim milk, frozen fruit and Splenda for a drink that tastes just like a milkshake
- Cereal Parfait: Place light yogurt, fruit, and whole grain cereal in a plastic cup and you’ll have a snack ready to go