How many of you reading this are doing an “old-school” workouts?
When I say old-school, how many of you go into the gym and do the following:
– Hop on the treadmill, elliptical or rowing machine for 5 minutes, then
– Static stretch for another 10 minutes, then
– Follow that up with a body-part specific workout? You know, back and bi’s, chest and tri’s, etc.?
If that describes your workout regimen, you need an intervention!
Here are IFAST, you’ll go through several specific elements in each and every workout:
1) Soft-Tissue Work – This could be using a foam roller, lacrosse ball or a Tigers Tail. Regardless, the goal is to get you loose and ready for the workout.
2) Dynamic Stretching – Static stretching pre-workout is soooooo 1980! Instead, dynamic flexibility work will turn on all your stabilizing muscles and get a sweat going for the workout to come.
3) Actue Corrective work – Chances are, certain muscles in your body that should be working aren’t. In this case, we’ll turn on those underactive muscles immediately before the workout
4) Strength Training – Whether your goal is fat loss, muscle gain or sport-specific training, everyone who comes to IFAST will incorporate strength training into their regimen. How often, how hard and how long will all be dependent upon your needs and goals.
5) Energy System training – Who wants to spend an hour on a treadmill? We can do as much for you with one Tabata series as that entire hour can. And to be specific, a Tabata circuit only takes 4 minutes! It’s very time efficient.
6) Post-workout stretching – Certain muscles in your body are probably chronically short and/or stiff. To remedy this, we’ll hit them up one final time at the end of your session.
Quite simply, there’s a lot more to a sound workout program than just cardio, static stretching and a few strength training exercises!
If you want to learn the most effective and efficient way to train, give us a call today at 317.578.0998, or shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] We can’t wait to work with you!
All the best