Would you like your kids to improve their fundamental movement skills like running, jumping and throwing?
Would you like to put them in a fun and engaging environment where they learn to enjoy movement?
Or maybe do you just want them out of your hair for 90 minutes every day for a week? 🙂
If so, the IFAST Athletic Development Camps are for you!
In these camps, I’m going to take your children through daily training sessions where we’ll focus on the following:
- Athletic-based warm-ups. Our goal here is to build rhythm, coordination and mobility that will carryover to any sport or athletic endeavor.
- Sports-skill development. With many kiddos focusing on one sport, this time will help them become better overall athletes. Skill development time could include focusing on throwing, kicking, running/sprinting, cutting, and anything and everything in-between.
- Body weight strength development. Children might not need to lift heavy weights, but they are at an ideal age to learn how to handle their own bodyweight effectively. Here we’ll develop basic movement patterns like squatting, lunging, push-ups and pull-ups that will serve as a foundation for strength development later in life.
- Game Play! When it’s all said and done, I want our camps to be fun and the best part of your kiddos day. As such, we’ll spend 20-30 minutes of every session playing games which will aid in speed, agility, quickness, and decision-making skills.
Now that you know a little bit about our camps, here are the details:
- Ages: 10-13 years old
First Session: June 28th – July 2nd
Second Session: July 26th-July 30th
- Time: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm Daily
- Fees: $99/child per session, with a maximum of 8 kiddos per session
- Location: IFAST, 9402 Uptown Drive, #1600, Indianapolis, IN 46256
Now that you know about our camps, here’s a little bit about me.
I’ve coached for 21 years now, ranging from young athletes to professionals and everything in between.
And while I’m still as passionate as ever about coaching my collegiate and professional athletes, I’m also at an age where I want to give back and get more involved coaching our young kiddos as well.
I’m running these camps because I see more and more kids that are playing one (or more!) sports year round, but who have never spent time focusing on general movement skills that will make them better athletes in the long-term.
OR, I see kids (and parents) that are turned off by sports all together because things are getting too serious or competitive too soon.
My goal here is simple: To give your child a safe and fun environment to help build movement skills and confidence that they’ll use for the rest of their lives.
Even if they don’t become the next Steph Curry or Alex Morgan, learning how to move their body more effectively and enjoying exercise are things we’d love to instill in every child at a young age.
So if you’re interested in giving our camps a shot, simply register for the session you’d like below (use the option on the left as it’s far easier to navigate).
Once completed, you’ll be automatically registered for the camp and I’ll send you an email the week before with any specific information you might need.
Thanks for reading and I’d love to see your kiddos at one (or both!) of our Athletic Development Camps this summer!
All the best,
P.S. – Got any questions, comments or concerns? If so please send us an email at [email protected] or call us at 317.578.0998. Thanks!